Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY) also known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a pioneering initiative of Prime Minister Modi to ensure that poor and vulnerable populations are provided health cover. This initiative is part of the Government’s vision to ensure that its citizens – especially the poor and vulnerable groups have universal access to good quality hospital services without anyone having to face financial hardship as a consequence of using health services.
How does it work?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme offers health insurance cover to beneficiaries without any premium cost, treatment cost during and after the hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat scheme covers both pre and post-hospitalization expenses in addition to the in-patient charges.
And all the impaneled hospitals under PMJAY Scheme would have appointed Ayushman Mitra's, who will aid the patient by coordinating with the hospital’s beneficiary in order to cut the expenses. You will find these Ayushman Mitra at their help desk where they will be verifying the eligibility criteria, documents, and the enrolment process. They provide letters to all the beneficiaries with respective QR codes.
Furthermore, this QR code is scanned and verified for authentication to check the eligibility for people to avail Ayushman Bharat Yojana benefits.
And the best part about the Ayushman Bharat scheme is that it offers coverage across PAN India and offers cashless hospitalization benefits to the enrolled families in both public and private hospitals.
What is Covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana?
PMJAY covers the following expenses during the treatment:
- Provides coverage for medical examination, treatment, and consultation fee
- Pre-hospitalization expenses are covered
- Post-hospitalization expenses are covered for 15 days
- The policy also covers the cost of medicine and medical consumables
- Hospital accommodation charges are also covered
- Non-intensive and ICU services
- The expenses incurred on the Diagnostic procedures are also covered
- Medical implantation services are covered where required
- Expenses incurred on complications arising during the medical treatment
- Food services
List of Critical Diseases covered under PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
PMJAY offers nearly 1,350 medical packages at any of the private network hospitals and all the public hospitals. Below are some of the critical illnesses that Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana covers:
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Prostate cancer
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Skull base surgery
- Pulmonary valve surgery
- Double valve replacement surgery
- Anterior spine fixation
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns
How to apply online?
Here is a step by step guide on how you can apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
Step 1: Visit the official website, mera.pmjay.gov.in.
Step 2: Now you have to log on to the government website.
Step 3: On the homepage enter your mobile number.
Step 4: Just below that you will see the captcha, enter the captcha in the empty box.
Step 5: After that click on Generate OTP option.
Step 6: An OTP number will be sent to your mobile, by which you can go to the website and verify.
Complete the necessary details to get the most benefits out of this scheme. So, these were some initial steps you need to follow for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana registration.
Documents Required to Apply For Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
- Age & Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
- Contact details (mobile, address, email)
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate (maximum annual income to be only up to Rs. 5 lakh a year)
- Document proof of the current status of the family to be covered (Joint or nuclear)
Note: After your name is registered on the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY) website, with the help of your ration card or mobile number, you can know that you are not getting the benefit of this scheme.
How to Check your Name in Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme List?
There are various methods to check your name in the PM Jan Arogya Yojana -PMJAY beneficiary list. Listed below are some of the ways that you can try:
- Online Method- Ayushman Bharat online list can be checked by the beneficiaries. All you need to do is visit the official online site of the National Health Authority for Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Common Service Centres (CSC)- If you are a beneficiary of Ayushman Yojna you can also visit the nearest Common Service Centres. If it is not possible to do so you can also visit any of the impaneled hospitals to collect the information form. You can check the Ayushman Bharat hospital list on their site or in your policy documents.
- Contact their Helpline No.- You can call on any of the government of India provided helpline numbers (e.g. 1800111565) to contact their customer care and seek the information about PMJAY Scheme, Ayushman card/e-card, Ayushman card apply, Ayushman card download, and even Ayushman Bharat Scheme registration.
If your name is there on the list, then only you will get the Ayushman Bharat Card.
How to Download your Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Card Online?
It is important to apply for the Ayushman card as it consists of a dedicated family identification number. AB-NHPM is provided to every beneficiary household. Below are the steps that you can follow to apply or download your Ayushman card online-
- Firstly, visit Ayushman Bharat Yojana official website - https://pmjay.gov.in/
- Now login with your email id and generate a password
- Enter your Aadhaar number to proceed further
- Click on the approved beneficiary option
- It will be redirected to their help center
- Now enter your password in CSC and the pin number
- It will be redirected to the home page
- You will see the download option form where you can download your Ayushman Bharat golden card
Wealth Cafe Advice
It is good to stay updated about this scheme where you or your family are eligible and could be a part of the scheme. As per the terms, you cannot apply for it on your own. Let's wait and see how it works out and soon most of the people would get covered under it. Until then apply for the other government schemes that are available to you.
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan