Interbank Mobile Payments Service (IMPS) Facility: IMPS is a platform provided by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). IMPS allows existing unitholders to use mobile technology/instruments as a channel for accessing their bank accounts and initiating interbank fund transaction in a with convenience and in a secured manner. It allows investing 24*7 via mobile phone.
How does it work?
- Unitholder needs to register for Mobile Banking with his Bank
- The bank issues a unique MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) which is a combination of his bank account and bank code and also issues an M-PIN, a secret password.
- Unitholder can now perform a transaction using a mobile banking application or SMS / USSD facility as provided by his Bank. For example: If unitholder wants to invest Rs. 10,000 in a mutual fund scheme using the mobile application, he needs to follow the following steps - In the mobile application; provide the
- MMID of the scheme
- His Mutual Fund Folio No.
- Amount to Invest/transfer
- MPIN issued by the bank remitting bank validates the details and debits the account of the Unitholder. It passes on the information to the beneficiary party (AMC in this case) via NPCI.
- AMC shall, after validating the details, credit the folio/scheme account with the appropriate units and shall also provide an SMS/email confirmation to the Unitholder informing of the allotment
Wealth Cafe Actionable: Unitholder should ensure that the Mobile number registered with Bank for IMPS facility is the same as mobile number registered with Mutual Fund for the folio.