The EPFO Online member portal allows a host of services to its members to access, that range from checking their passbook, tracking their EPF fund, transferring their claim online, and a lot more. One such facility that EPF members can avail of is updating their bank details via the UAN portal.
Here are a few simple and easy steps on how to change your EPF Bank details online.
- Log on to the official EPFO portal.
- Use your UAN login id and password.
- Go to the menu section.
- Now click the “MANAGE” button.
- From the drop-down, click “KYC”.
- You will be taken to another landing page.
- Now select the “BANK” option.
- You can see these options: Document Number (Bank Account Number)
- Name as per Document (Name On Bank Account)
- IFSC Code
- Fill in the required details.
- Press the save button.
Once you have made the changes, your online service will show KYC Pending For Approval. This means that you will have to submit the proof of your updated bank details to your employer. Once your employer approves your KYC update request, your new bank account will be added/replaced. A message regarding this will also be conveyed through your registered mobile number.
You are no longer dependent on your employer or your ex-employer to update the details or exit date on the EPFO portal. Linking your Aadhar is mandatory as well as it is crucial to mark your date of exit correctly. Follow the simple steps stated above and you will be able to update your EPF account easily.